Dinosaur in the Room: My Thoughts on Jurassic World Dominion (2022)Jun 10, 2022
The new movie asks a fundamental question, Can we Co-exist?
On one side, you have those who favor the Virtue Side of the Moral Premise, Yes, we can co-exist.
We shall call this side Team Virtue.
On the other side, you have those who favor the Vice Side of the Moral Premise, No, we cannot co-exist.
We shall call this side Team Vice.
Don't forget this question, can we co-exist, because this is the essence of the New Jurassic Park Movie, distilled down to its molecular level.
However, the Moral Premise deals with more than just sides, it also deals with Decisions, Effects, and Mindsets.
Let's go into the Basics right now.
The Story Question
The movie agrees with the Agreeable side of the Moral Premise and answers, YES, we can co-exist.
The Moral Premise
Fighting to save the Planet's Balance and Ecology leads to Existing properly in the Ecosystem, maintaining the Planet's Food Supply, Nurturing and Balanced Relationships, and Life.
Fighting to Destroy the Planet's Balance and Ecology leads to Improper Existence outside and beyond the Ecosystem, destroying the Planet's food supply, Cancerous Existence (Aloneness in a Singularity), and Death.
Basic Story Elements
Action, Adventure, Science Fiction, Thriller
It all started here.
Four years after the destruction of Isla Nublar, dinosaurs now live--and hunt--alongside humans all over the world. This fragile balance will reshape the future and determine, once and for all, whether human beings are to remain the apex predators on a planet they now share with history's most fearsome creatures in a new Era.
My Issues with the Logline
The People in Charge are STILL stuck in the past and framing this movie in the wrong context. Human Beings are NOT APEX Predators, we are a part of the Ecology, not above it. Somehow, the people in charge are framing the movie in the wrong direction. Please stop asking whether humans or dinosaurs are the Apex Predators on this planet. . .
- Main Protagonists (Owen, Claire, Ellie, Alan, Ian, Ramsay, Maisie)
- Minor Protagonists (Barry, Franklin, Zia)
- Antagonists (Lewis, Wyatt, The Apex Predator Dinosaur)
- Contagonists (Soyona, etc.)
- Shapeshifters (Kayla, Dr. Wu)
NOTE: It can be argued that the behavioral change of Kayal and Dr. Wu is what shifts the movie from Gloom and Doom (Destruction of the World's Food Supply by Locusts) into Hope for the Future.
We have several plots working in this movie:
- Plot A - Maintain the Planet's Balance and Ecology (Dinosaurs)
- Plot B - Owen and Blue
- Plot C - Owen, Claire, and Maisie
- Plot D - Maintain the Planet's Balance and Ecology (Good Guys vs. The Bad Guy and a Shapeshifter)
Team Virtue (The Agreeable Side of the Moral Premise) has two supporting actions:
- Follow and Support Order
- Nurture Balance and Order
- If you look closer, this team values Matriarchal Values and the Sacred Feminine.
Team Vice (The Disagreeable Side of the Moral Premise) has two supporting actions:
- Control and Domination (Apex Predator)
- Destroy all forms of Order (Nature, Society, Ecosystem, etc.)
- If you look closer, this team values Patriarchy, Competition, and Fighting.
Team Virtue makes the RIGHT decisions in each Plotline:
- Plot A - Team Virtue fights to save the Planet's Balance and Ecology
- Plot B - Owen fights to bring Blue's baby back home
- Plot C - Owen and Claire fight to save Maisie and Maisie fights to help Dr. Wu save the Planet with her Mother's Research
- Plot D - Team Virtue fights to end Lewis' Reign of Terror using Biosyn as his Major Weapon to destroy the Planet's Balance and Ecology
Team Vice makes the WRONG decisions in each Plotline:
- Plot A - Lewis unleashes the Locusts (for financial gain) and a new Apex Predator disrupts the Ecosystem.
- Plot B - Lewis (Biosyn) kidnaps Maisie for financial gain.
- Plot C - Lewis coerces Dr. Wu to use Maisie for financial gain.
- Plot D - Lewis and the Apex Predator wreck havoc on the Planet, disrupting the Planet's Natural Order.
- Plot A - Team Virtue (Dinosaurs) team up to defeat the Apex Predator. Team Virtue fights to save the Planet and overcome the tyranny of Lewis.
- Plot B - Owen fulfills his promise to Blue and brings her baby back to her.
- Plot C - Owen and Claire save Maisie and demonstrate to her what love and Family is what matters to them.
- Plot D - Team Virtue stops Lewis' reign of terror and exposes his nefarious tactics to the World.
- Plot A - Team Vice (Apex Predator) is defeated when the T-Rex and another Predator team up and stop its reign of terror. Lewis and his plans to destroy the Planet are stopped by Team Virtue.
- Plot B - Lewis' plan is thrawted and Blue's baby is saved.
- Plot C - Lewis' plan is stopped and Dr. Wu uses Maisie's Mother's research to stop the Locusts and save the Planet.
- Plot D - Lewis' reign of terror is stopped by Team Virtue and he is killed by the smaller Dinosaurs.